My blogger friend Ritu from But I Smile Anyway has honored my blog with the Blogger Recognition Award! Woo Hoo! I am so excited to receive this award and it is new to me so it helps with my theme for the month of trying Something New! Thanks Ritu.
Okay, here are those infamous rules that every award comes with…
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog.
- List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them.
- Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge Of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
(Just Like)Starting Over…. That was a song back in the 80s by John Lennon and the title explains why I started writing my blog. I needed way to express my feelings coming out of a dark time in my life, a rebirth if you will. I was happy and refreshed and wanted to share my writing with someone other than myself. I had a dream to become a writer and decided it was time to pursue that passion. My first post was one about a subject I saw on television that sparked a concern in me and I haven’t looked back since.
Though I have only been doing this a little over a year and a half, I am enjoying the process and I have released my first novel, with my second almost ready for editing. With the love and support from my wonderful husband and the great readers I have made writing my new career. My advice to new bloggers is to stay true to who you are. There are people out there that think like you or admire the way you do things. The blogging world can have some sharks out there, but for the most part, the people you run across are great supporters and you will develop unlikely friendships from all over the world. Write and keep writing.