Today’s prompt for my 31 Day Movie Challenge is:
“Name a Movie You Can Quote Word For Word”
Yes, I am one of those people who can quotes movies in their sleep. I can have a full conversation with someone using lines from my favorite movies if I choose to, but I would never do that…. it is annoying. I have seen posts on Facebook of people texting song lyrics to someone and the person responds only to get the next line of the song. This foolishness continues until the recipient either figures it out or becomes annoyed and ends the conversation. I have yet to see it done with movie lines,but I am sure it can be done. No need to worry, I won’t be the one doing it. I will however spend time quoting lines from my favorite movies, it is a gift and I will not waste my gifts! LOL. Here is my favorite movie to quote word for word:
The Color Purple
I have seen this movie more times than I care to recall and can run line for line with the best actor. This movie is a must see each and every time it is on television. It is like there is a trigger in my head that makes me watch it, no matter how long the movie has been playing. I can come in at any point in the movie and once I hear one line I can act out the next scene verbatim. Don’t judge me…. hell I don’t care if you do. I am judging myself on this one. LOL.
Alright Lovies who is with me. I know some of you have at least one movie they know all the lines to. Let me know and maybe we can have that chat using only lines from that movie. Take care and remember…
Today’s prompt is “Name your favorite movie of all time”. I have been an avid movie lover for most of my life so it is very difficult to narrow it down to just one so….. I am breaking the rules on day 1. Haha! Here are just a few of the movies that I LOVE and have seen over and over:
- The Rocky Series – Yes all of them, even Rocky III which is my least favorite. Rocky IV is my favorite in the series followed closely by the original and Rocky Balboa. Sylvester Stallone is someone I admire and was very disappointed that he didn’t come away with the golden statue this year, however at least he was nominated.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – This silly movie is right up my alley. It has fun, adventure, sticking it to authority figures and skipping school without consequences! Matthew Broderick was genius in this role and had kids everywhere wanting to “Save Ferris”.
- The Color Purple – I loved the book when I read it and the movie was one of the rare occasions where film and written word meet to make music. Spielberg did an amazing job as well as the cast and crew. Whoopi Goldberg was the best Celie they could have found!
- Forrest Gump – I have two words Tom Hanks! This movie is everything and I watch it every chance I get. I can quote it word for word which only fuels my desire to dine at every ‘Bubba Gump’ restaurant I encounter. They have their wait staff ask the diners trivia questions and I always get them right, much to my husband’s chagrin.
- Love and Basketball – As a former basketball player I identified so much with Monica Wright! She was hard core in her pursuit of playing ball and her love of her man. Though I never played pro ball, I did win a scholarship to college and fell in love. However my story was very different because my college sweetheart turned out to be more of a frog than a prince.
OK Lovies, that wraps up day one of the Movie Challenge. I look forward to reading your entries. See you tomorrow and remember…