Today’s prompt is “Name your favorite movie of all time”. I have been an avid movie lover for most of my life so it is very difficult to narrow it down to just one so….. I am breaking the rules on day 1. Haha! Here are just a few of the movies that I LOVE and have seen over and over:
- The Rocky Series – Yes all of them, even Rocky III which is my least favorite. Rocky IV is my favorite in the series followed closely by the original and Rocky Balboa. Sylvester Stallone is someone I admire and was very disappointed that he didn’t come away with the golden statue this year, however at least he was nominated.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – This silly movie is right up my alley. It has fun, adventure, sticking it to authority figures and skipping school without consequences! Matthew Broderick was genius in this role and had kids everywhere wanting to “Save Ferris”.
- The Color Purple – I loved the book when I read it and the movie was one of the rare occasions where film and written word meet to make music. Spielberg did an amazing job as well as the cast and crew. Whoopi Goldberg was the best Celie they could have found!
- Forrest Gump – I have two words Tom Hanks! This movie is everything and I watch it every chance I get. I can quote it word for word which only fuels my desire to dine at every ‘Bubba Gump’ restaurant I encounter. They have their wait staff ask the diners trivia questions and I always get them right, much to my husband’s chagrin.
- Love and Basketball – As a former basketball player I identified so much with Monica Wright! She was hard core in her pursuit of playing ball and her love of her man. Though I never played pro ball, I did win a scholarship to college and fell in love. However my story was very different because my college sweetheart turned out to be more of a frog than a prince.
OK Lovies, that wraps up day one of the Movie Challenge. I look forward to reading your entries. See you tomorrow and remember…