Thank you to Marj of Kyrosmagica for nominating my blog for the Sisterhood Award. She and I share a love of Maya Angelou so you know she is great. Please check out her blog.
These are the five rules to follow:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the Award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions sent to you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate ten blogs.
Questions for me:
1. What is your most memorable holiday destination? My husband and I went to Montego Bay, Jamaica several years ago. It was his first trip to Jamaica and I loved seeing his reaction to everything.
2. Tell me about your favourite drink, or food? Or both! I absolutely love lemonade and have recently taken to drinking Arnold Palmers.
3. What kind of books/stories do you write? Or creative activities do you engage in? My debut novel is a young adult, but I am currently working on a self-help book along with a short story collection and a poetry chapbook.
4. What’s your favourite author/genre? What is it about their writing style that inspires you? I have a few favorite authors including Maya Angelou and Harper Lee. They write about the world around us and how to survive with grace and morals.
5. How do you spend your spare time when you aren’t writing or creating? I love spending time with my husband traveling or exploring our current city.
6. Have you ever done anything that was really embarrassing/funny? Well, on the vacation I mentioned above I panicked on a jet ski and turned it over in the ocean, then swam back to shore. It was going too fast. LOL
7. If you could come back as a fictional character, (human, alien, animal!) which character would you choose? I would want to be a female super hero that can read minds.
8. Are you superstitious? Would you dare to travel on Friday the 13th? I am somewhat superstitious, but I don’t let it control my life. I have no problem with Friday the 13th. In fact I consider it a lucky day.
9. What’s your zodiac sign? Do you believe in zodiacs, numerology, etc? I am a Cancer, birthday coming up in July. I think zodiacs are fun, but don’t really put stock in them.
10. What’s the most scary, or challenging thing you’ve ever done? I quit my job to chase my dream as a writer.
My questions for you:
- Name your favorite character from a book?
- Do you prefer cds or vinyl?
- Coffee or tea?
- Where is your favorite place to write?
- Name 5 places you want to visit, but haven’t had the chance?
- When did you fall in love for the first time?
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
- Who is your favorite member of the Jackson 5?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What place on earth brings you the most joy?
I look forward to reading everyone’s answers and I hope you check out the blogs I have nominated. Of course, there is no obligation to accept.