Another month has gone by and that means it’s time for us to update one another on how we are doing with our One Word Challenge. Thank you for all of the positive feedback I have received about this challenge. I hope everyone is sticking to their plans. For anyone looking to join the challenge, you can read about it here. Feel free to join in at any time. There is open enrollment throughout the year because it is never too late to get started! Remember there are NO rules in this so feel free to make up your own as you go. Now comes the time for me to update you all on what I did in March to stay true to my word choice: LOVE. Each month I decided to choose a theme to make things easier for myself. My chosen theme for March was the “LOVE of Women” in honor of International Women’s Month. Here’s what I accomplished:
• Each week during March I chose to quote iconic women during my Words Crush Wednesday Challenge – Alice Walker, Zora Neale Hurston, Coretta Scott King, and Selena.
• The Friday Happy Dance, during the month of March, featured the following ladies – Che’Nelle, Janelle Monae, Elle King, and Lion Babe.
• March is my mom’s birth month so this provided an opportunity to honor her with my post “Roses for Mama”
• I wrote a guest post for Silver Lining Mama’s She-logy feature with my post “Joan Pat Tamika”
• I participated in the Black Woman Heal Day (Technically in April, but it took place before this post)
• I Released my debut novel, who has a strong female as the protagonist
• Re-kindled relationships with a good sister friend and my real big sister
In addition to these things I also joined a few women’s groups and supported my fellow female bloggers and writers by reading, buying and sharing their work. Since it is National Poetry Month, I will focus on my LOVE of Poetry for April.
Here are a few of the updates I received from last month. Remember, when you write your updates, be sure to ping back to THIS article so everyone can see what you’ve been up to in order to honor your word. Don’t forget to tag your post #RebirthOWC.