Hey guys and dolls,
It’s February and that means celebrating Black History Month. I decided to make it fun instead of having the same history shoved down your throat year after year. This challenge will focus on books! Woo Hoo! I am a book lover and enjoy learning about books of which I am not familiar.
OK, so here’s how it works:
• I have taken pictures of 20 books from my personal collection and each has been assigned a specific category.
• Participants must choose at least 10 books from those categories and write a post containing photos of the books
• Each book chosen should be written by or about a black person, contain Black History or focus on a black protagonist
• Your books can not be the same as mine, which allows for discovery of new material
• Each participant should ping back to this post
• Make your post by 11:59 pm on Friday, February 20, 2015
• Use the tag #RebirthScavengerHunt
Here are the categories:
I look forward to seeing your entries and am excited to learn about new books. Here’s the best part… One lucky winner of a random drawing of all participants, who follow the above rules, will receive a signed copy of my upcoming novel “The Mistreatment of Zora Langston”! Ready, Set, Scavenge!!!!