Since I am in love with LOVE, I decided to recognize my favorite couples from this past year. Each couple was chosen for their own unique reasons and should not be compared to each other. It’s all love here at Rebirth and no shade has been issued!
15) Elton John and David Furnish – Congrats to the newlyweds! They made the list because they represent the fact you are never too old for love. Elton was rocking the stage before I was born and I think it’s wonderful he found love at this stage in his life.
14) Sanaa Lathan and Tyrese Gibson – This couple caught my attention besides the fact they were keeping their love on the low. Recently they have been seen together looking happy and it seems like love to me. I don’t know why I did not see them as a couple before, but they look great together. Such a beautiful couple.
13) Ellen and Portia de Rossi – Ellen is the golden girl of daytime talk shows and Portia has made a name for herself as well. These ladies shine and look great together. How could she not love Ellen; she’s funny, loves to dance and is a Cover Girl!
12) Zoe Saldana and Marco Perego – These two are the touchy feely type and are not strangers to PDA. Every time the paps catch them in public they have their hands or mouths all over each other. They seem to be very much in love which they will need dealing with newborn twins!
11) Chrissy Teigan and John Legend – I absolutely love these two. They look like they have so much fun together! Chrissy is such a foodie and you just have to love a super model who loves to eat. John is a romantic and with him writing songs for her I know how they keep things fresh and new.
10) Eve and Max Cooper – These newlyweds are a power house couple. Eve is a beast on the mic and Max in a car; together they just make sense. It’s good to see Eve find her Prince Charming and Max looks as if he was born to play the part.
9) Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha – There is nothing sexier than a little mystery and these two are the king and queen. Kerry is notorious for keeping her personal life private and I applaude her for that. Still when I see her and her hubby on the red carpet together in those rare instances, they are so dreamy I just had to include them.
8) Monifah Carter and Terez Thorpe – These two are just adorable. It is obvious that Monifah is head over heels for Terez and Terez would go to war for Monifah. When Terez proposed it was so heartfelt and Monifah’s reaction was beautiful. Their wedding was very unique and I absolutely loved their black attire. There were tears when Keke sang to them.
7) Tamera and Adam Housley – Two words describe this couple A Dorbs! They are a couple that make you want to smile when you see them. Tamera is so over the moon for Adam and he for her. They remind me of the Leave It to Beaver type of couple only they have a little edge to them. I love an old fashioned girl and Tamera fits the bill. They are such a cute couple and with their good looks they sired a beautiful baby boy named Aden. I LOVE them together.
6) Kandi Burruss and Todd Tucker – Kandi and Todd are one of my favorite couples on reality TV. I love how Todd tries to keep her in check and Kandi does just what she wants anyway. They need to resolve some issues with Kandi’s mom, but overall they have a good relationship. Their Coming to America themed wedding was fabulous and I am happy Todd signed the pre-nup. I wish them love, peace and lots of open communication in their marriage.
5) Lisa Bonet and Jason Momoa – I must say this is the sexiest couple alive. They ooze sex, passion and desire. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that they both are really, really, really, ridiculously good looking! (In my Zoolander voice)
4) Amal and George Clooney – Any woman who can get George Clooney to walk down the aisle deserves to be on this list. They are a gorgeous couple and have such style and grace. They also try to be as private as possible which is a smart move in this media driven world.
3) Fefe Dobson and Yelawolf – These two are the Rock Stars of the list. They are engaged and super in love. Fefe has been featured on his album and he has a portrait of them tattooed on his head! Nothing says I love you like the pain of a tattoo on your skull.
2) Solange and Alan Ferguson – This is the coolest couple on the planet! They have an eclectic union and have a good time together. Just look at their one of a kind wedding; riding in on bikes, wearing non-traditional wedding attire and dancing in the streets. I wish them a lifetime of happiness and hope they never forget to laugh together.
1) Tamar and Vince Herbert – This power couple is my favorite of the year! They fight hard and LOVE even harder; Love and War was the perfect title for Tamar’s album. These two are movers and shakers in the music business and don’t let the loud mouth fool you, Tamar is a boss. Not only are these moguls successful in music, they are involved in 3 very successful TV shows, a new clothing line and a liquor line coming to a glass near you! On top of all of that, they are raising a beautiful little boy named Logan.